Colin Melby asks, “How can I tell which iPhone version I have?”
A lot of people may be confused or wondering how can they check for their iOS versions, models, IMEI, warranty, and a lot more. Knowing how to check these information are vital especially when it comes to safety measures for your iOS devices.
To check, just follow these steps:
1.) Go to “Settings”
2.) Select “General”
3.) Select “About”
Following these steps will show the Version, Model, IMEI, Serial Number, and other information of your device.
If you are having troubles with finding what is the model of your iOS devices, just follow the steps above and search for the model online.
For iPhones, check the back cases where the Model labeled as “AXXXX” is located. The list for the iPhone models is indicated below.
- iPhone – A1203
- iPhone 3G – A1324, A1241
- iPhone 3GS – A1325, A1303
- iPhone 4 – A1349, A1332
- iPhone 4s – A1431, A1387
- iPhone 5 – A1428, A1429, A1442
- iPhone 5c – A1456, A1507, A1516, A1529, A1532
- iPhone 5s – A1453, A1457, A1518, A1528, A1530, A1533
- iPhone SE – A1723, A1662, A1724
- iPhone 6 Plus – A1522, A1524, A1593
- iPhone 6 – A1549, A1586, A1589
- iPhone 6s Plus – A1634, A1687, A1699
- iPhone 6s – A1633, A1688, A1700
- iPhone 7 Plus – A1661, A1784, A1785 (For Japan)
- iPhone 7 – A1660, A1778, A1779 (For Japan)
To check the warranty on the Apple devices, look for the device’s Serial Number. One method would be the steps that we have indicated above but if you are having problems, another way is by checking these:
- On the surface of your product
- In iTunes, if you have synced your device with it.
- The barcode of the original packaging of your device
- The original receipt or invoice
For other Apple devices, you can check here on how to find your Serial Number.
After finding the Serial Number, you can check the warranty details of your device on this link.
After filling out the necessary details, the page will be directed to the summary page for your device which contains the warranty information and if it has expired or not yet.
International Mobile Equipment Identity or IMEI, is used by Global System for Mobile communication (GSM) to identify devices. Given a situation where a person loses his/her phone, knowing your IMEI will be essential as it can be used to block or blacklist his/her lost phone in order for other people to prevent using the device’s network. IMEI can be checked by doing the steps mentioned earlier.